Getting the most current and up to date information is important in the award journey you are undertaking. Be sure to check often for information on awards! Check out our Facebook Page at G.W. Graham Secondary Careers, or follow is on Instagram at gwg careers for the latest and most up-to-date information. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy of the website and the information, it remains the student's responsibility to confirm the information.
Here's How to Get Started:
2. Copy or print details of Awards for which you are eligible.
3. Listen to the Daily announcements, check the TV monitors, read the updated Career Corner Newsletter, following the Instagram account @gwg_careers and on Facebook @G.W. Graham Secondary Careers and take note of new and deleted awards.
4. Attend Choose BC / PSI Virtual Day on October 19 & 20. More info to come.
5. Create a scholarship resume (see PDF examples below).
6. Make a list of those you will ask for a letter or reference.
Be sure to select those from in school and those who are out in the community. Speak to those you want to write you a letter, giving them lots of time to craft an outstanding finished product.
7. Applying for financial awards takes a great deal of time and effort and requires you to assemble an application package of excellent quality.
8. Write a Career statement - for guideline and tips, see PDF samples below.