Website will be updated after October 31, 2017 DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY FORMS OR RELY ON INFORMATION UNTIL THEN
*Let's stay in touch! Getting the most current and up to date information is important in the award journey you are undertaking. Be sure to check your myBlueprint account often for information on awards!*
Students and parents are invited to attend a Financial Opportunities session on Monday, October 29th at 6 pm in the library. Directly after, UBC will be presenting information on life and learning at UBC. All parents and their students are invited to attend!
Students should attend at least one of these informative lunch time workshops for explanation of the award process:
- Meetings for the Internal Awards will take place in C183 during Advisory on Nov 14, 15, 16.
- Meetings for the External Awards will take place in C183 during Advisory Dec 12,13,14
INTERNAL AWARDS: due by the end of lunch on February 12th
EXTERNAL & SPECIFIC AWARDS: due by the end of lunch on February 26th.
Here's How to Get Started:
1. Open the relevant PDF files found on the “Internal Awards” or “External Awards” submenu.
2. Copy or print details of Awards for which you are eligible.
3. Read the DSA daily. Check announcements on MyBluePrint. Take note of new and deleted Awards and any changes.
4. Attend Brittany Palmer's Unlock Your Future, the Key to Scholarships presentation on Sept 20th. She will be the keynote speaker to kick off our Choose BC day. As well, attend at least 2 Award workshops, one "Internal" and one"External".
5. Create a scholarship resume to give to those you hope will be your references.
6. Make a list of those you will ask for a letter or reference. Be sure to select those from in school and those who are out in the community. Speak to those you want to write you a letter, giving them lots of time to craft an outstanding finished product
7. Applying for financial awards takes a great deal of time and effort and requires you to assemble an application package of excellent quality.
8. You must have a SIN at the point of application.