BC EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP
One well-rounded BC graduate will be recognized with a $5000 scholarship for service and leadership, both at GWG and in the community. This student is also someone who has also shown aptitude and commitment to his/her chosen career path. This student must be nominated by the school in order to apply for this scholarship.
BC ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
The top 8000 graduates in the province will receive $1250 based on their cumulative average percentage calculated on their courses taken in Grades 10, 11 and 12. Students do not apply for this scholarship. In order to be eligible the student must meet eligibility requirements that include:
- Must be Canadian citizen or permanent resident and be a resident of BC
- Fulfill graduation requirements of the 2004 Grad Program
- Have at least a “B” (73%) in English 12 or Communications 12
- Write and pass the English 12 or Communications 12 provincial exam
- Have no more than one TS or SG indicator among course marks used for the calculation winner
link to more information click on this link: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/support/provincial-scholarships
PROVINCIAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM UPDATE
The Ministry of Education has phased out the Passport to Education Program. This has been replaced with the BC Excellence Scholarships and BC Achievement Scholarships (outlined above).