The Career Center is located in C167 and is a resource for all students to access post secondary options, including information about: colleges and universities; financial awards and processes; work experience and career exploration. A variety of online resources are regularly utilized including: www.myblueprint.ca; www.educationplannerbc.ca; and college/university websites. Students are encouraged to check with post-secondary institutions on a regular basis regarding entrance requirements, application deadlines, and financial opportunities as changes occur regularly.
Due to COVID restrictions the preferred method of communication will be through emails, or scheduled phone calls and TEAMS meetings.
Mrs. Kim Willock
Phone: (604) 847-0772
Getting the most current and up to date information is important in the award journey you are undertaking.
Students and parents are invited to attend a Financial Opportunities session October 26, 2020 @ 6pm on Microsoft Teams
Students will have a TEAMS account already created and ready for use.
Students should attend at least one of each of these informative workshops for explanation of the award process:
- Meetings for the Internal Awards on TEAMS Nov 3 & 5, 2020 @ 2:15 pm
Meetings for the External Awards on TEAMS Dec 1 & 3, 2020 @ 2:15 pm
There will also be an opportunity for students to participate in Scholarship Q & A Sessions.
During these times students are encouraged to ask questions about their scholarship applications.
- Q & A Dates
- Nov 19, 2020 @ 2:15 - 3:15pm
- Dec 10, 2020 @ 2:15 - 3:15pm
- Jan 14, 2021 @ 2:15 - 3:15pm
- Jan 21, 2021 @ 2:15 - 3:15pm
Listen for announcements and/or follow Instagram for further information.
INTERNAL AWARDS: due by the end of lunch on February 11, 2021
EXTERNAL & SPECIFIC AWARDS: due by the end of lunch on February 25, 2021
Choose B.C. Day / PSI Virtual Day!
Choose B.C. Day / PSI Virtual Day is October 19th 2-6pm and October 20th 3-7pm. Representatives from 25 plus Universities and training institutions. More information to follow.
Check out the "Financial Awards" page under the "Student Information" tab for info on "Internal" and "External" Scholarship listings and information.
Post Secondary Resources
- EducationPlannerBC helps learners make well-informed decisions about their education and career options.
- Check out WorkBC for job possibilities and career-building strategies
- Grad Planner and the BC Dogwood Planner and the Handbook of Procedures for the Graduation Program for up to date information from the Ministry on all things Graduation.
- Post-Secondary BC Guide has downloads for students and parents.