The recipients of these awards are decided upon by donors, those groups or individuals who give the award.
Due: February 22, 2020, by the end of lunch. No late applications accepted.
Bring to Student Services
3 TYPES OF EXTERNAL AWARDS
- External Standard Awards "School Mails - complete the standard application package.
- External Specific Awards"School Mails - complete the organization's specific application form and staple together. The school submits the "specific package to the donor group for you. Please note that application may not have a 2018 version but are still considered current. Not all organizations update their application annually.
- External Specific Awards"Student Mails" - Complete the organization's specific application and the student mails in as deadlines are different than the school's deadlines. Student is 100% responsible for the application and getting it to the donor group.
STEPS TO COMPLETE EXTERNAL AWARDS:
STEP 1: Review all All Externals List (see PDF below) and take note of all Awards for which you qualify.
STEP 2: Determine whether or not the awards you are applying for requires a Standard Application Form (see Word document below) or has its own Specific Application Form.
STEP 3: Prepare your Application Packages and make appropriate photocopies
STEP 4: For all External Standard Applications attach the following documents in this order:
- Standard Application Form (which includes: Career Statement (future goals and career objectives) and Activities Resume)
- If applying for an External Standard award that asks for an essay, place essay right after the Standard form
- Awards/ Scholarship Resume (optional)
- Budget: Please complete the budget sheet. The link for that sheet is found at the bottom of page 1 of the Application or below under downloadable files
- A copy of your School Transcript of Grades and current report card
- Letters of Reference (no more than 3). (Keep the originals and submit photocopies).
- Additional supplemental documentation (optional)
STEP 5: Organize each External Award Application Packages (Standard and Specific).
STEP 6: On top of your pile of Alphabetically sorted packages attach an External Checklist (see PDF below). Only 1 checklist is required and will be handed to Mrs. Jones.
Note: for "Student Mail In" applications- Mail directly to donor to meet the deadline date given.